Wednesday 14 March 2012

Graduate Collection









I am a London based designer and graduate of BA (Hons) Cordwainers Footwear: Product design & Development. 

My style focuses on a simplistic approach to design. I embrace the value of minimalist aesthetics and materials, yet always considers the importance of functionality. The challenge of developing new methods of construction fuels me to experiment with unique silhouettes and enables me to take more of an artistic approach to the craft, outside the boundaries of standardized shoe making methods.

My final collection focuses around the development of wet- molded construction. The leather is soaked in water and shaped and formed around the wooden last. The end result is a rigid and set form of a shoe with a natural quality and aesthetic that changes and evolves over time.

My design work has lead me to achieve; 

The Drapers - Student Footwear Designer of the Year Award 2010
Nominations for The Cordwainers Cup for Excellence in Footwear Prize 2010 & 2011
Selected to be a part of The British Fashion Council Digital Presentation -http://www.fashion.arts.ac.uk/2011/live/

No comments:

Post a Comment